Cuban scrap truck, special weighing system
Load cell and mechanical limiter solution
Design, manufacturing, testing and installation of a system composed by 4 sets of load cells with balls support and a mechanical limiter installed in the truck.
Initial situation description
Due to working conditions: height of fall and different composition of scrap to be processed, the weighing system was ineffective.
Need to solve
To develop a reliable system that ensures the exact weight of the processed scrap.
At Airpes, we were in charge of the design, manufacture, test and installation of the system, composed by 4 sets of load cells with balls support and the mechanical limiter installed in the truck.
Load cells were able to absorb the direct impacts.
- After 8 years weighing system still works without problem.
- Maintenance Costs decreased more than 50%
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- Installation of a new 36 t. coil lifting tong for Algeposa GroupAirpes has designed, manufactured, and installed a coil lifting tong capable of lifting loads up to 36 tons...
- Airpes attends 3 of the most significant wind energy events in ChinaThis October and November, Airpes China is assisting the China Wind Power Exhibition, the China Green Wind Energy...
- 6 modeling tools for the wind energy industry that will make your work easyWe have compiled six models and tools that will help you plan your entire project, from financing to...