Cuban scrap truck, special weighing system
Load cell and mechanical limiter solution
Design, manufacturing, testing and installation of a system composed by 4 sets of load cells with balls support and a mechanical limiter installed in the truck.
Initial situation description
Due to working conditions: height of fall and different composition of scrap to be processed, the weighing system was ineffective.
Need to solve
To develop a reliable system that ensures the exact weight of the processed scrap.
At Airpes, we were in charge of the design, manufacture, test and installation of the system, composed by 4 sets of load cells with balls support and the mechanical limiter installed in the truck.
Load cells were able to absorb the direct impacts.
- After 8 years weighing system still works without problem.
- Maintenance Costs decreased more than 50%
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- 6 overhead crane safety tips to protect your workersAdd these tips to your overhead crane safety checklist. This way, you won’t forget to assure that everything...
- 7 safety tips for steel handling and to operate lifting solutions in the steel sectorToday we share some safety tips in the steel sector, to make everyone's job much easier and safer.
- The challenge of building wind turbines in the oceanLearn about the challenge of building wind turbines in the ocean and get an overview of this growing...
- The importance of crane deflection limits in the design of lifting devicesCrane deflection limits are one of the factors to consider when designing any lifting device. Find out what...