Cuban scrap truck, special weighing system
Load cell and mechanical limiter solution
Design, manufacturing, testing and installation of a system composed by 4 sets of load cells with balls support and a mechanical limiter installed in the truck.
Initial situation description
Due to working conditions: height of fall and different composition of scrap to be processed, the weighing system was ineffective.
Need to solve
To develop a reliable system that ensures the exact weight of the processed scrap.
At Airpes, we were in charge of the design, manufacture, test and installation of the system, composed by 4 sets of load cells with balls support and the mechanical limiter installed in the truck.
Load cells were able to absorb the direct impacts.
- After 8 years weighing system still works without problem.
- Maintenance Costs decreased more than 50%
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- A comprehensive guide on how to buy material handling equipmentNavigating the market for material handling equipment can be daunting, especially with myriad options available to businesses of...
- Industrial Material Handling SystemsEach type of material can and must be handled differently to perform operations more efficiently and not damage...
- Types of crane hooks for liftingThe efficiency and safety of your lifting operations depend mainly on the crane hooks you choose. Explore various...
- Lifting Tongs for Steel Objects: Types, Uses, and BenefitsLifting tongs for steel objects can be used to lift and handle coils and various materials. Discover the...