2x50t rail transfer cars for wind turbine plate roll in Brazil
Design, manufacturing, testing and installation of a system composed by two independent cars with storage support.
Initial situation description
Extremely difficult transportation of the wind towers plate roll (external diameter between 2.000 mm and 4.500 mm) across the production area.
Need to solve
Main problem was that the ferrule needed to be removed from the production unit, at a different height, and transported 60 meters.
We designed, manufactured, tested and installed a system composed by two independent cars with a storage support for the plate rolls that can be lifted up hydraulically from 800 mm up to 1.400 mm, to remove the ferrule from the production unit and lift it down for the transport. The capacity of the two cars is up to 100t (2X50T each)
Safety and control system was composed by:
- Radio remote control by joystick with data feedback on the radio remote
- Control of distribution of the weight on each trolley
- Synchronous movement of the cars via Wi-Fi, and positioning by using Götting reader and Tags installed on the rails ↔ car speed control
- Cars equipped with security bumpers (front/back).
- Ferrules Handling with extreme care.
- Global safety system (also in the cars) allows doing maneuvers faster and safer..
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- Benefits of adjustable lifting beams to your businessAdjustable lifting beams offer versatile solutions for various load sizes and shapes, reducing the need for multiple beams,...
- Integral solution for the installation and maintenance of wind turbine bladesAn integral solution for the installation and maintenance of wind turbine blades. Adapting Yoke Blade Clamps with our...
- How tunnels are built: advantages of using tunnel lining segmentsDiscover how are tunnels built, and the Airpes devices designed for lifting the tunnel lining segments, like the...
- 6 types of load cells to monitor protection systemsWe talk about six types of load cells steps to optimize your protection systems: compression cells, bending beam...