Handling & engineering project for a UK Manufacturer
Handling & Engineering Project for a UK Producer.
Initial situation description
Airpes designed and manufactured 2 beams equipped with vacuum systems composed of 64 suction pads to ensure a correct positioning and grip for a safe transport.
Need to solve
The manufacturer required for this project to improve the handling and transportation of the steel plates assuring safety regulations.
Airpes, as the lifting equipment supplier designed, manufactured and supplied 2 lifting beams equipped with vacuum systems composed of 64 suction pads to ensure correct positioning and grip on the steel plates to safely transport.
The beams also use a sensor based detection protocol to ensure the right position of the steel plates to be transported. Due to the flexibility of the design, the suction pads can be adjusted to follow the shape of the plates.
Extreme difficulty with the handling, transportation, and safety of getting the steel plates (up to 19.5m in length) to the presses. Once the steel plates arrived at the presses, placing them on the presses is extremely time consuming.
- Transportation process efficiency increased more than 40% in this phase by now utilizing the suction cups reliability in place of previous method.
- Process now under safety regulation requirements.
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- Crosby Airpes and Crosby Airpes China obtain ISO 45001:2018 certificationTÜV Rheinland Ibérica has approved the ISO 45001:2018 certification for Crosby Airpes and Crosby Airpes China.
- Crane deflection limits in the design of lifting devicesCrane deflection limits are one of the factors to consider when designing any lifting device. Find out what...
- Crane safety: 10 tips for a safe handling and weighingIn a job that includes cranes and lifting projects, an efficient and safe execution is expected. Safety of...