Sailing yacht & motorboat engineering
Handling & Engineering Project for Sailing Yacht & Motorboat Manufacturers. Airpes designed, manufactured and supplied a new handling system to rotate the main body of yachts.
Initial situation description
Safe in the air rotation and handling of main bodies of the yachts with two overhead cranes was extremely difficult due to lack of appropriate tools and lifting equipment.
Need to solve
To develop a reliable system that ensures the exact weight of the processed scrap.
Airpes, since its beginning, has been supplying handling and weighing equipment to the Acerinox Group.
For this particularly project we supplied:
• 4 Coil Tongs 40t SWL
• 2 Sheet metal tongs with motorized tong arms which are adjustable in longitudinal and transverse direction.
• 2 Weighing and motorized hook blocks.
Airpes’ technical team visited the Bahru Stainless factory in Malaysia to verify and validate the machines provided.
- The equipment works safe, according to the standars of quality and service that Bahru Stainless expected.
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- 6 overhead crane safety tips to protect your workersAdd these tips to your overhead crane safety checklist. This way, you won’t forget to assure that everything...
- 7 safety tips for steel handling and to operate lifting solutions in the steel sectorToday we share some safety tips in the steel sector, to make everyone's job much easier and safer.
- The challenge of building wind turbines in the oceanLearn about the challenge of building wind turbines in the ocean and get an overview of this growing...
- The importance of crane deflection limits in the design of lifting devicesCrane deflection limits are one of the factors to consider when designing any lifting device. Find out what...