Lifting equipment for moving wind turbine blades for Vestas
The company VESTAS works with wind turbine blades and was preparing various shipments. In order to improve the productivity and efficiency of those shipments, they required a renewed lifting equipment.
Initial situation description
The customer has a reachstacker type forklift with 30 t capacity. The blades are produced in the plant, but their preparation is carried out outside this area outdoors. They were working with two automatic cranes and the main drawback is the rent cost.
Airpes is responsible for the design and construction of the lifting equipment and turning equipment for Vestas.
The proposal made by Airpes is a lattice type project. The lifting and turning actions are carried out by 4 adjustable winches installed aboard the lattice.
The lifting equipment’s control is electrohydraulic and is fully integrated to the reachstacker commands. The device joins the reachstacker by a twistlocks system.
FEATURES OF THE LIFTING EQUIPMENT
The lifting equipment has a touch screen installed in the cockpit to control all security elements:
- Wind load information
- Signal video cameras
- And others
- The design and manufacture of this lifting equipment has been carried out correctly and the client Vestas is satisfied with the results, improving their productivity to move the wind turbines while preparing them for shipping.
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- 6 overhead crane safety tips to protect your workersAdd these tips to your overhead crane safety checklist. This way, you won’t forget to assure that everything...
- 7 safety tips for steel handling and to operate lifting solutions in the steel sectorToday we share some safety tips in the steel sector, to make everyone's job much easier and safer.
- The challenge of building wind turbines in the oceanLearn about the challenge of building wind turbines in the ocean and get an overview of this growing...
- The importance of crane deflection limits in the design of lifting devicesCrane deflection limits are one of the factors to consider when designing any lifting device. Find out what...