Lifting equipment for moving wind turbine blades for Vestas
The company VESTAS works with wind turbine blades and was preparing various shipments. In order to improve the productivity and efficiency of those shipments, they required a renewed lifting equipment.
Initial situation description
The customer has a reachstacker type forklift with 30 t capacity. The blades are produced in the plant, but their preparation is carried out outside this area outdoors. They were working with two automatic cranes and the main drawback is the rent cost.
Airpes is responsible for the design and construction of the lifting equipment and turning equipment for Vestas.
The proposal made by Airpes is a lattice type project. The lifting and turning actions are carried out by 4 adjustable winches installed aboard the lattice.
The lifting equipment’s control is electrohydraulic and is fully integrated to the reachstacker commands. The device joins the reachstacker by a twistlocks system.
FEATURES OF THE LIFTING EQUIPMENT
The lifting equipment has a touch screen installed in the cockpit to control all security elements:
- Wind load information
- Signal video cameras
- And others
- TThe design and manufacture of this lifting equipment has been carried out correctly and the client Vestas is satisfied with the results, improving their productivity to move the wind turbines while preparing them for shipping.
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- Delivery of a Yoke Blade Clamp Installation Tool in Xingjiang province (China)Airpes (China) Co., Ltd. is satisfied to celebrate its first anniversary with the delivery of the 12th tool designed...
- Worldwide overhead crane company on-demand project: special lifting devices for coil manipulation and weighing controlCarrying out the design and the manufacturing of a tailor-made project always offers new challenges. As engineers, this is...
- Installation of a wind turbine blade with a Blade Clamp: training and testing in-situThe blades of a wind turbine can measure about 80 meters. Moving them is not easy, but the...
- Control the maximum load capacity with Airpes’ weight limitersIn order to lifting weights safely you have to consider the maximum load capacity of the equipment. Learn...