Mechanical limiters are a safe and economical way to control lifting and handling equipment and overload. They can be found in various applications, including lifting equipment, rotating machinery, and vehicles. They are essential components for maintaining safety, preventing mechanical failures, extending the service life of equipment… and much more.
These devices, typically incorporated into material handling equipment, are designed to prevent overloading, excessive speed, and operational errors that could lead to accidents or damage to goods
Benefits of mechanical limiters
- Safety: Torque limiters and overload sensors (types of these limiters) prevent overload conditions, which can lead to mechanical failures.
- Compliance with Regulations: Many industries have strict regulations regarding the safe operation of lifting and handling equipment.
- Cost-Efficiency: By preventing mechanical overloads and subsequent damage, these devices save on costs related to repairs, downtime, and insurance. This makes operations more economically sustainable.
- Equipment Longevity: Mechanical limiters ensure equipment like gear reducers operate within their safe torque setting. This extends the lifespan of the machinery and decreases the frequency of repairs and maintenance.
- Precision and Control: In complex systems, a limiter may limit the machine to a predetermined level, ensuring precision in load handling. They are essential in managing load distribution, especially in complex drive and driven component systems.
Limiters by Crosby Airpes
We have two types of mechanical limiters to be used in different contexts.
If you need to work with extreme temperatures, M-100 is your solution. The mechanical limiter ALM / M-100 controls the overhead lifting equipment at temperatures between -30 and + 60 ° C, in and outside, from 250 kg to 8,500 kg.
If you work in areas of complex performance, you can use the mechanical limiter ALM / M-100EX. It offers the same as the M-100, but this automatic limiter is prepared for use in hazardous areas. We designed our M-100 EX to control the overload in elevation machines like cranes, elevators, hoists, etc…
It is essential to have specific mechanical limiters to follow the regulations and ensure a well-done job.
Discover AIRPES mechanical limiters.