Offshore project: Upender and Gangway for Adwen
Offshore Company Adwen needed equipment to assemble a part of the JV8-170 or JV8-180 wind turbine, also known as MSA.
Initial situation description
This MSA is composed of two parts: the hollow shaft and the bearing housing structure.
Airpes was in charge of the design of the tilter and the gangway responsible for assembling the MSA parts.
The MSA assembly process comes in two phases:
• Turning of the bearing housings
The bearing housings are supported on the upender’s structure horizontally, then vertically and finally the bearings are installed. It is removed from the tilter by a crane and re-installed horizontally and upside-down on the upender, at 180 °.
It is required to repeat the process to install the bearings on that side.
• Hollow shaft
The hollow shaft is installed horizontally and is lifted with the help of the upender at 90º. Finally, the bearing housing is inserted into the hollow shaft and assembled. At the end of these operations, it is necessary to return to the horizontal position to completely assemble the drive train.
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- Delivery of a Yoke Blade Clamp Installation Tool in Xingjiang province (China)Airpes (China) Co., Ltd. is satisfied to celebrate its first anniversary with the delivery of the 12th tool designed...
- Worldwide overhead crane company on-demand project: special lifting devices for coil manipulation and weighing controlCarrying out the design and the manufacturing of a tailor-made project always offers new challenges. As engineers, this is...
- Installation of a wind turbine blade with a Blade Clamp: training and testing in-situThe blades of a wind turbine can measure about 80 meters. Moving them is not easy, but the...
- Control the maximum load capacity with Airpes’ weight limitersIn order to lifting weights safely you have to consider the maximum load capacity of the equipment. Learn...