Offshore project: Upender and Gangway for Adwen
Offshore Company Adwen needed equipment to assemble a part of the JV8-170 or JV8-180 wind turbine, also known as MSA.
Initial situation description
This MSA is composed of two parts: the hollow shaft and the bearing housing structure.
Airpes was in charge of the design of the tilter and the gangway responsible for assembling the MSA parts.
The MSA assembly process comes in two phases:
• Turning of the bearing housings
The bearing housings are supported on the upender’s structure horizontally, then vertically and finally the bearings are installed. It is removed from the tilter by a crane and re-installed horizontally and upside-down on the upender, at 180 °.
It is required to repeat the process to install the bearings on that side.
• Hollow shaft
The hollow shaft is installed horizontally and is lifted with the help of the upender at 90º. Finally, the bearing housing is inserted into the hollow shaft and assembled. At the end of these operations, it is necessary to return to the horizontal position to completely assemble the drive train.
OUR on demand solutions
LATEST POSTS ON THE BLOG
Discover our brand new developments, events, get posted of our activity.
- A comprehensive guide on how to buy material handling equipmentNavigating the market for material handling equipment can be daunting, especially with myriad options available to businesses of...
- Industrial Material Handling SystemsEach type of material can and must be handled differently to perform operations more efficiently and not damage...
- Types of crane hooks for liftingThe efficiency and safety of your lifting operations depend mainly on the crane hooks you choose. Explore various...
- Lifting Tongs for Steel Objects: Types, Uses, and BenefitsLifting tongs for steel objects can be used to lift and handle coils and various materials. Discover the...