With our solutions, you can transport, rotate and install your nacelles with absolute control and safety.
One of the most important parts of the wind turbine needs the best lifting and hadling tools. Crosby Airpes puts them at your disposal.
About Nacelles- wind turbine most important part
If you are a wind energy expert or a renewable energy expert… scape this part and read about our on-shore solutions
The nacelle, situated on the top of the tower of a windmill, is a critical component of a wind turbine. It encases the machinery that converts wind’s kinetic energy (wind power into mechanical energy, which is then used to power a generator that produces electric power.
In other words: nacelle protect wind turbine, so the turbine generates correctly the energy using wind speed. Total annual United States electricity generation from wind energy increased from about 6 billion kilowatthours (kWh) in 2000 to about 380 billion kWh in 2021. So, imagine the quantity of turbines, nacelles and wind farm you need to achieve this.
To remember: onshore wind energy refers to the generation of electricity using wind turbines located on land, as opposed to offshore wind turbines which are installed in bodies of water like oceans or lakes.
How to lift nacelles well – by Crosby Airpes
At Crosby Airpes, we are in charge of every step you need to lift nacelle solutions correctly. We…
- Prepare and plan: this includes weather checks (since high winds can make lifting operations unsafe), ensuring the ground is stable and level, and planning the lift path.
- Choose the correct crane: the type of crane required depends on the weight of the nacelle and the height of the tower.
- Assemble: it involves attaching slings, cables, or chains in a way that balances the nacelle and ensures it can be lifted without damage.
- Do lifting operation: this is a delicate operation, as the nacelle must be kept level and stable to avoid damage. We have the perfect control system.
- Positioning on the tower: once the nacelle is lifted to the correct height, it is carefully maneuvered onto the top of the tower.
- Securing the nacelle: after the nacelle is in position, it is securely bolted or fastened to the top of the tower.
Throughout the process, strict safety protocols must be followed to protect the workers and equipment. This includes using safety harnesses, ensuring clear communication among crew members, and adhering to all regulatory safety standards.