Lifting tongs for the extractive industry
In this week’s article we want to present you taylor made project for a company in the extractive sector: adjustable lifting tongs to move blocks of stone, marble and similar materials used in the world of construction. The design of these clamps starts from the base of the Airpes coil lifting tongs, with specific adaptations so that the machine could carry out the operations requested by the client.
Adjustable lifting tongs for rock blocks
The client needed lifting tongs for the handling and manipulation of marble and stone blocks extracted from a quarry and stored in the open air.
Since the type of material the company works with is not affected by weather it can be stored anywhere, without the need for an enclosed space or complex security, custody or preservation system.
This storage system is the most convenient, practical and economically viable for any company in the sector: this saves costs in the maintenance of buildings and related infrastructure.
Image above: the tongs are installed on a gantry crane
Clamp installed on a gantry crane with wheels
For the manipulation of the blocks of material the customer has a gantry crane with wheels powered by electric motors that can move freely throughout the storage area.
The gantry crane has the capacity to support weights of up to 42 tons.
In this crane has been installed the lifting clamp, which has the following characteristics:
- Lifting capacity up to 25 Tons
- Reinforced and waterproofed structure against water and dust
- Ability to work outdoors and under all weather conditions
- Rotary hoist and beam for reorienting parts while in the air
- Adjustable arms with opening and closing system to lift blocks of different widths
- Rotating arms: some pieces are not symmetrical and one or both arms must be oriented at a different angle in order to lift such blocks.
- Anti-opening safety system: the clamp will not open if it detects that the object is not on the ground.
- Industrial radio-controlled system allowing the machine to be operated from the ground
Image above: detail of the tongs during an operation
The experience of a professional team
Airpes has been in charge, as in all the projects we make, of the study, design and manufacture of the lifting clamp based on the needs and requirements communicated to us by the client.
This allows us to:
- Design and provide that lifting system that performs exactly what the customer needs.
- The machine adapts to the customer’s working method and not the other way around
- The product is known to perfection, which translates into:
- Increased efficiency in scheduling revisions
- Greater immediacy during training and transfer of knowledge of use to the client.
- Fast and immediate resolution of problems and/or breakdowns
Imagen above: detail of the opening and rotating system of the tong’s arms
Experts in all types of lifting tongs
You can see the tongs of this article in the following video: