The importance of choosing your proper lifting equipment supplier is clear taking into account you are working with heavy equipment in sometimes an environment difficult to reach.
From Airpes, we share with you
5 TIPS TO CHOOSE YOUR LIFTING EQUIPMENT SUPPLIER
1. THE REPUTATION IN THE LIFTING SECTOR
First of all, a glance into the website will help you to find out the kind of products, services and equipment the company is providing.
There are many varieties of lifting equipment, maybe you are searching for handling equipment, weighing equipment, a test bench, radiocontrol solutions or you need a complete development with a taylor-made solution for your company. Is this lifting equipment supplier providing the solution you need?
Have a look into their customers, it will help you to discover if this is a company which you can trust. If the information about the clients, the equipment and the projects is easy to find in the website, or in the social networks like LinkedIn… it gives you interesting insights into the way that a lifting equipment supplier works too and with whom do they are in contact.
In addition to this, it will help you to reach to their profile as a company. If you are able to access to some interesting facts and figures about their position in the lifting industry market, it will clarify the king of supplier you are contacting.
2. THE CERTIFICATIONS YOUR LIFTING EQUIPMENT SUPPLIER OWNS
There are certain rules, regulations and certifications that affects the lifting equipment activities. In our activity as a supplier for handling and weighing equipment, we strictly follow these rules to assure the safety of the products and the processes involving the lifting activity.
3. THE RANGE OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN THEIR PORTFOLIO
Some suppliers are specialized in handling equipment, other are focused in weighing, other are just designers of he solution but don’t implement it in the field. Some of the lifting equipment suppliers just work for offshore projects, another for hoist market, or cranes market. Some suppliers, like us, work in different markets providing a holistic solution.
It is interesting to ask if the supplier company is long established and if it has a great record in the lifting equipment field. Don’t forget that many items of the equipment and their moving have a long period of purchasing, engineering, production and logistic which are expensive and you need to be covered against the eventualities.
It is interesting to know how opened is your supplier to R+D. Do they embrace innovation? Do they launch new technologies applied to the lifting equipment solutions?
4. THE INSTALLATION IN A HANDLING EQUIPMENT PROJECT
The installation is a critical item in a lifting equipment project. There are some points to consider when you are deciding between different lifting equipment suppliers and how they match with your requirements.
- Load limit, that is to say, the maximum weight can safely be applied to a specific piece of handling equipment. Your supplier will be working with a range of load limits to the various pieces, but everyone has to be at that limit.
- Dimensions and lifting capacity. We are talking about quite heavy and important pieces to move and lift, sometimes in extreme conditions, or in the sea. This is not just the specific equipment what has to be considered, also the means of transportation until the exact point of installation.
- Temperature. The specifications of the load and the environment of the installations have to be strictly considered. It is essential to determine the temperature and conditions you are going to work with and check if the equipment is suitable for them.
5. THE AFTER SALE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
A lifting equipment project doesn’t end with the installation. After that, the equipment need regular inspections, maintenance and, some times, new software or evolutions in the design.
Make sure what is covered by the guarantee and which are the capabilities of you lifting equipment supplier.